Skip to content
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning, divided
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or chives
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 burger buns
- Suggested toppings: remoulade sauce or lemon aioli, fresh lettuce or arugula, tomato
- Season beef with horseradish and 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning. Divide into 12 patties on parchment paper and refrigerate.
- Make crab stuffing by combining crabmeat with bread crumbs, cilantro, green onion, mayonnaise, mustard, zest, ground ginger and remaining teaspoon Old Bay seasoning.
- Divide stuffing among six patties. Flatten crabmeat slightly, leaving about 1/2-inch around edge. Place remaining patty on top of each and seal edges by hand, reshaping patties as needed.
- Pan-sear or grill on medium high to develop a crust on both sides. Transfer to cooler part of grill and cook until beef reaches internal temperature of 160° F. Serve on buns with suggested toppings.